Microneedling is a treatment that uses very tiny needles to make small, superficial channels in the skin. This process causes a controlled injury to the skin, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in your skin.
Microneedling has been shown to improve the appearance of acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, new and old scars, and stretch marks. The microneedling pen can also be used to treat pore size, skin texture and quality, as well as to break up old scar tissue and deliver medication deeper into the skin.
At M Spa at the Reserve, we offer microneedling of the face and neck, back, chest, and on small scars. You can see pricing for treatment of each of these areas on our spa menu.
We're proud to use the industry-leading MD Pen for all our microneedling services.
Microneedling can be performed on all skin types, including darker skin. Unlike laser skin resurfacing, there is not a risk of skin pigment changes, such as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
Skin needling is not recommended if you fall into any of these categories:
- Use of Accutane (isotretinoin) within 3 months
- Have open wounds of the skin
- Had radiation therapy to or through the skin within 1 year (in the area of treatment)
- Recent skin infection, shingles, or HSV (herpes simplex virus) outbreak
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Have a history of keloid or thick scar formation
- Have a history of poor wound healing
Microneedling can be performed on its own or in combination with other facial treatments. Schedule a consultation with one of our expert aestheticians to determine the best treatment plan for your needs!